What I believe about Jesus Christ
This is the perfect time of year to celebrate new life. Not only the nature surrounding our Northern Illinois home, but the opportunity for new life because of Christ.
What do I believe about Jesus Christ as a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints? (say that name 10 times fast and the nickname "Mormon" makes sense)
* He was the literal son of God, the only begotten in the flesh. The only person to be born of a mortal mother (Mary) and an immortal father (God).
*He lived a perfect life, set up his church, called and ordained 12 apostles and gave them authority to heal and bless in His name and through the power of God.
* Is a separate being from God the Father and the Holy Spirit, literally the SON of God.
* The Holy Spirit (Ghost) is a separate person from God and Jesus Christ without a body sent to testify of truth. When we feel a good feeling or know that something is right it is through that spirit. He is their messenger.
John 14: 26
"But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you."
* Jesus Christ was baptized by immersion by a person who had authority to baptize (John the Baptist).
* He not only suffered for the sins, pains, and temptations of every living soul who would come to this earth-- but worlds without number. Thus, the idea of this for me is beyond comprehension. Infinity multiplied by enormity.
* He suffered in the Garden of Gethsemane, where Luke describes great drops of blood coming from every pore. He also suffered again the exact same thing while on the cross at Calvary. He took upon himself the sins, sorrows, temptations, pains of every individual and of all of God's creations on worlds without number.
* Along with the agony of this "atonement" Jesus took upon himself, he also had the pain of being nailed to a cross, beaten, and starved. Very much secondary to the task He was undertaking concurrently.
Alma 7:11-12, Book of Mormon (Another Testament of Jesus Christ)
"And he shall go forth, suffering pains and afflictions and temptations of every kind; and this that the word might be fulfilled which saith he will take upon him the pains and the sicknesses of his people. And he will take upon him death, that he may loose the bands of death which bind his people; and he will take upon him their infirmities, that his bowels may be filled with mercy, according to the flesh, that he may know according to the flesh how to succor his people according to their infirmities."
* Jesus Christ died on a Friday and on a Sunday rose from death, making Him the first to be resurrected. "The first fruits of those that slept" 1Cor 15:20
* Because of Jesus Christ's atonement that was perfectly fulfilled we will ALL be resurrected no matter how we lived in this life.
* Because Jesus Christ overcame spiritual death (separation from God the Father) we can also overcome spiritual death. We do this by following the rules (commandments) He has created for us in order to return to God. Through him we can repent of our sins.
* Through Jesus Christ I have the opportunity to live with God and Him after this life, along with my family forever in a state of happiness.
* Jesus Christ is the only way I can ever be fully SAVED both physically by being resurrected and spiritually by living with Him and God again.
*I know that MY Redeemer lives and that He has once again set up His church on the earth with apostles, a prophet, and that HE is the one in charge of it.
I love my Savior and I believe in Him and His promises.
Messages of Faith
Our blog contributors will deliver consistent messages of faith to try and help all of us come closer to our Savior, Jesus Christ.
Subscribe and receive an
e-mail update every time we post!